Beetle@SG Website


Please check out my website Beetles@SG for identification of beetles found in Singapore http://davidmoh1313.wix.com/beetlesg

Saturday 24 February 2018

Morning Walk At Punggol Promenade Nature Walk (24 Feb 2018)

It was more than 2 months since I last visited the Punggol Promenade Nature Walk so I decided to go there for a morning macro-shoot session. Here's an interesting "find" at the place:

To my great dismay, what used to be lush vegetation is now full of dead brown tree branches and plants. The place has became muddy and undulated, crisscrossed with bulldozer tracks. It seemed like the place is also slated for development.




The only plant that survived the bulldozer rampage were these Thai Pea Eggplant (Solanum torvum) growing in many spots at the place. To my surprise there were many Ladybird Beetles on them.


On one of the Thai Pea Eggplants was this 8 mm Ladybird Beetle. I am not sure of its identity but it looked very much like the Epilachna indica Ladybird Beetle but differs in the distance between the spots at the center of its elytra.




Near the end of the "trail" was this Henosepilachna implicata Ladybird Beetle on a creeper on the ground.




The trip was a total washout and more disheartening is the destruction of the habitat for residential development. Guessed that I will no longer able to come here for my macro-photography with the intensive development work that has overtaken the place. With all these development, I think a rename of the place is in order since all the nature have been taken out from the "nature walk".

No comments:

Post a Comment