Beetle@SG Website


Please check out my website Beetles@SG for identification of beetles found in Singapore http://davidmoh1313.wix.com/beetlesg

Wednesday 11 March 2020

Afternoon Walk At Windsor Nature Park (08 Mar 2020)


I was feeling under-the-weather for a good part of the week and so when I have fully recovered, I decided to go for a walk at the Windsor Nature Park, despite the hot weather and afternoon time. From my past experience, hot weather will see a drastic drop in the number of beetles encountered, let alone in the afternoon time. Nevertheless I decided to proceed with the plan in order to ease the itch of my trigger finger, albeit that my expectation of finding beetles was not very high.

Here's a photograph of an interesting looking jumping spider encountered at the place.


Darkling Beetle ~ 2 mm


Tiger Beetle (Cicindela aurulenta) ~ 15 mm


Tumbling Flower Beetle (Glipa malaccana) ~ 10 mm


Fungus Beetle (Episcapha xanthopustulata) ~ 15 mm


Ladybird Beetle ~ 4 mm


Ladybird Beetle (Chilocorus circumdatus) ~ 4 mm


Fungus Beetle ~ 10 mm


Ground Beetle (Pericalus depressus) ~ 4 mm


Fungus Weevil (Acorynus pictus) ~ 8 mm


Fungus Weevil ~ 10 mm


Unknown beetle ~ 3 mm

Hister Beetle ~ 3 mm [First-time-encountered]


Pintail Beetle ~ 5 mm [First-time-encountered]


Checkered Beetle (Omadius seticornis) ~ 20 mm


Jewel Beetle (Habroloma lepidopterum) ~ 2 mm


Leaf Beetle (Galerosastra sumatrana) ~ 8 mm


Long Horned Beetle (Coptops annulipes) ~ 20 mm


Beetle larva ~ 5 mm

No comments:

Post a Comment