Beetle@SG Website


Please check out my website Beetles@SG for identification of beetles found in Singapore http://davidmoh1313.wix.com/beetlesg

Saturday 24 April 2021

Night Walk At Mount Faber Park (23 Apr 2021)

It has been a while that I did any macro photography session, this is mainly due to some problems with my camera recently. Taking advantage of the fine weather, I decided to recce a part of Mount Faber Park that I saw on Google Map. 

Sadly, my camera was still not working properly in that the camera was not able to detect my macro lens. Nevertheless, I decided to continue with the "default" setting of 1/200 and F-- (yes, the aperture was not set according to my selection, probably due to the problem of not able to detect the macro lens). Hopefully, I can do something to resolve the problem.

Enough of my "sorrows", but before I continue I would like to apologize for the quality of the photographs as I was not able to gauge too well the focus due to the mentioned problem.  Here's an ant-mimic spider that I came across during the trip. It looked so much like the commonly encountered Golden Ant (Polyrhachis illaudata).



Darkling Beetle ~ 4 mm


Fungus Beetle (Amblyopus vittatus) ~ 10 mm


Chafer Beetle (Matadera castanea) ~ 8 mm


Long Horned Beetle (Aeolesthes holosericeus) ~ 15 mm


Darkling Beetle ~ 10 mm


Fungus Beetle (Eumorphus quadriguttatus quadriguttatus) ~ 10 mm


Darkling Beetle ~ 10 mm


Chafer Beetle (Apogonia expeditionis) ~ 8 mm


Tortoiseshell Beetle (Aspidimorpha miliaris) ~ 12 mm


Darkling Beetle ~ 2 mm


Tiger Beetle (Cicindela aurulenta) ~ 15 mm

Although during this trip not many beetles were encountered, I am glad that the location seemed promising and I will surely go back there in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment