Beetle@SG Website


Please check out my website Beetles@SG for identification of beetles found in Singapore http://davidmoh1313.wix.com/beetlesg

Tuesday 28 December 2021

Morning Walk At Windsor Nature Park (24 Dec 2021)

 It is Christmas Eve and I am on leave, so I decided to go to Windsor Nature Park for a morning macro photography session. The weather has been wet for the past few days and I am not hopeful that I will find many beetles.

Because of the wet weather, there were a number of interesting fungus mushrooms popping up in many places. Here's an interesting color fungus that I found on a fallen log.


Fungus Beetle (Episcapha quadrimacula) ~ 10 mm


Fungus Beetle (Eumorphus quadriguttatus quadriguttatus) ~ 10 mm


Weevil Beetle (Demimaea bakeri) ~ 3 mm


Leaf Beetle (Chabria angulicollis) ~ 4 mm


Leaf Beetle ~ 3 mm


Darkling Beetle ~ 2 mm


Darkling Beetle (Phymatosoma rufonotatum) ~ 10 mm


The number of beetles encountered was expectably low due to the high foot traffic and also the wet weather for the past few days. I am not too happy with this trip as my camera once again work up on me, thus explained the less than sharp photographs from this trip. Nevertheless, it was still a good break for the holiday seasons.


No comments:

Post a Comment