Beetle@SG Website


Please check out my website Beetles@SG for identification of beetles found in Singapore http://davidmoh1313.wix.com/beetlesg

Saturday 7 January 2023

Afternoon Walk At Windsor Nature Park (07 Jan 2023)

 After last week walk at Windsor Nature Park, I decided to make some changes to my macro camera setup. To test the new setup, I decided to go back to Windsor Nature Park in the afternoon since the number of people walking there will be lesser compared to the morning. Of course, the chances of finding beetles in the afternoon is also significantly lower. 

Here's a shot of an interesting fungus mushroom growing on a rotten tree stump. 



Tumbling Flower Beetle (Glipa malaccana) ~ 8 mm


First-time-encounter Net Winged Beetle ~ 4 mm


Leaf Beetle ~ 8 mm


Weevil (Derimaea bakeri) ~ 3 mm


Ground Beetle ~ 4 mm


Fungus Weevil ~ 4 mm


This trip was considered fruitful even though the number of beetles encountered was relatively small as I was able to test out my new macro setup. From the less than sharp photographs taken, I guessed that there are a lot more adjustments required. Back to the drawing board. ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment