Beetle@SG Website


Please check out my website Beetles@SG for identification of beetles found in Singapore http://davidmoh1313.wix.com/beetlesg

Tuesday 17 October 2023

Morning Walk At Lower Peirce Reservoir (14 Oct 2023)

 It has been a long while I last did any macro photography session, so taking the opportunity that I was running some errands near the Lower Peirce Reservoir, I decided to go there for a quick macro photography session even though the chances of finding beetles there is low.



Here's my simplified macro photography setup - Sony Alpha 6000 camera, Circular diffusor and 7Artisan 60mm F2.8 Mark II macro lens.




Jewel Beetle (Habroloma lepidopterum) ~ 3mm



Tumbling Flower Beetle (Glipa malaccana) ~ 8mm




As expected the number of beetles encountered was pathetically low due to the high people traffic at the park. Nevertheless it was still a good trip as I am able to familiarize myself with the simplified setup after such a long break from my last macro photography session.  

No comments:

Post a Comment