Beetle@SG Website


Please check out my website Beetles@SG for identification of beetles found in Singapore http://davidmoh1313.wix.com/beetlesg

Monday 8 January 2024

Afternoon Walk At Windsor Nature Park (6 Jan 2024)

 The weather for the past weeks have been rainy, nevertheless I took the chance to go for my long awaited macro photography session at the Windsor Nature Park. When I was there the sky was overcast and seemed like it will likely to rain later part of the day. 

Here's something that most people would miss when they visit our parks - moss. Honestly, mosses do looks beautiful when zoomed in.



Beetle Larvae



Ground Beetle (Catascopus dalbertisi) ~ 25 mm 


Beetle Larvae




Ambrosia Beetles' burrows


Leaf Beetle (Hoplosaenidea singaporensis) ~ 5 mm



I am not sure of the identification of this beetle as some said it is a Firefly and others said it is Net-winged Beetle. What do you say it is?


Handsome Fungus Beetle (Stenotarsus pardalis) ~ 5mm


The trip was surprisingly fruitful given the wet weather and vegetations. Looking back at the photographs, there are still a lot of room for improvements for my new lightweight camera setup. Hopefully I can have more regular sessions in 2024. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment