Beetle@SG Website


Please check out my website Beetles@SG for identification of beetles found in Singapore http://davidmoh1313.wix.com/beetlesg

Saturday 4 April 2015

Night Walk At Upper Seletar Reservoir (04 Apr 2015)

There were rumblings of thunder from a distance but the sky where I stay looked perfectly fine, so I decided to go to Upper Seletar Reservoir for a walk. Just as I reached the place, the sound of the thunder rumblings got louder and the sky looked like it was about to rain.

Since I have traveled all the way there, I decided to stay on. Here's a shot of a small 5 mm spider that I found near to the car park.


The first beetle was a pair of Chafer Beetle (Adoretus compressus) on a Hairy Clidemia (Clidemia hirta) plant.


Next to the Adoretus compressus Chafer Beetle was another Chafer Beetle (Maladera orientalis).


And close by the Chafer Beetle was a surprise encounter - a Click Beetle (Xanthopenthes schawalleri).


Just when I was glad to find three different beetles in a small area, droplets of rain started to fall. It started off as light drizzles but became heavier and heavier, so much so that I have to call the trip off. I was hoping to continue with the trip the next night but the weather was not good and it rained heavily just before I set off, so I decided to post whatever I managed to photograph for this week. Hope next week will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment