Beetle@SG Website


Please check out my website Beetles@SG for identification of beetles found in Singapore http://davidmoh1313.wix.com/beetlesg

Monday 11 March 2019

Night Walk At Rifle Range Road (08 Mar 2019)

It has been a while since I last visited the  area along Rifle Range Road, so I decided to go there for this week night macro-photography session.

When I reached the place, my heart sank as the entire place is under construction!


Not deterred, I decided to take a walk along the Riffle Range Road as it is quite a distance from the next nature "spot" - Bukit Timah Nature Reserve. Sadly, almost all the vegetation along side the road were boarded up.


As expected the place was bone dry and many of the vegetation were withering or dead. It was only after a while of walking that I came across this lone 20 mm Praying Mantis having its dinner.


Both sides of the road were mostly boarded up and only a small "band" (approx 1-2 meters) of  vegetation left.  After walking for more than an hour, I am thrilled to find this Ground Beetle (Pericalus tetrasitgma) on a fallen tree. Sadly this was the only beetle found during the trip.


The trip was a total washout as I found only one beetle during this trip. Hopefully the weather will improve next week as the dry weather is negatively affecting the flora and fauna of Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment