Beetle@SG Website


Please check out my website Beetles@SG for identification of beetles found in Singapore http://davidmoh1313.wix.com/beetlesg

Sunday 19 May 2019

Flew In Visitors (19 May 2019)

I was busy during this period of time and hence was not able to go for my weekly macro photography sessions. Notwithstanding, I decided to do another "Fly-in" post for this year.

 The first beetle for this post flew into my living room one night, probably attracted by the florescent lights. It was a commonly encountered Chafer Beetle (Anomala variegata).




The next flew-in  beetle was a surprise find as I found it crawling on the floor one night, thinking that it was a Darkling Beetle. Upon closer look, I am pleasantly surprised to find that it is a first-time-encountered beetle, probably a Ground Beetle.




As in previous "fly-in" posts, there will be more of such in time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment