Beetle@SG Website


Please check out my website Beetles@SG for identification of beetles found in Singapore http://davidmoh1313.wix.com/beetlesg

Friday 11 January 2019

Flew In Visitors (12 Jan 2019)

The weather was fine for the past one week but sadly I was feeling under the weather and hence I decided to give this week's night macro session a  miss. While I was resting, a Chafer Beetle (Anomala variegata) flew into my house. This triggered me to pick up from where I last left on the "Flew In Visitors" post.

Here's a commonly encountered Chafer Beetle (Apogonia expeditionis) found along the corridor of my house.



The next beetle was found belly up at the lift lobby. It is one of the few attractively colored Chafer Beetle (Anomala albopilsoa) that can be found in Singapore.



The next beetle was a first-time-encounter 3 mm Ground Beetle that landed on me in my study room. It was a pleasant surprise to find a fly-in Ground Beetle.



The last beetle for this round of "fly-in" was a Chafer Beetle (Anomala variegata) that triggered this post.



As like previous posts, I am confident that there will be more "fly-in" in the days to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment