Beetle@SG Website


Please check out my website Beetles@SG for identification of beetles found in Singapore http://davidmoh1313.wix.com/beetlesg

Friday 25 January 2019

Night Walk At Pasir Ris Park (25 Jan 2019)

For this week's night macro photography session, I decided to go to the Pasir Ris Park to try out a different part of the park that I rarely visit.

At the place, I was thrilled to find this 2 meters long Reticulated Python (Malayopython reticulatus). Further into the trip, I was fortunate to also found two Oriental Whip Snake (Ahaetulla prasina).



The first beetle for the trip was a commonly encountered Chafer Beetle (Apogonia expeditionis).


It was after a while of walking before finding this 8 mm Leaf Beetle.


Near to the Leaf Beetle was a large patch of low bushes where many of this 4 mm metallic bronze color Leaf Beetle were found.


I went into the mangrove boardwalk near to the Leaf Beetles but no beetle was encountered, until I left the mangrove boardwalk where this 4 mm Darkling Beetle was found on a small tree.


As I was walking down the trail, a lone Tiger Beetle (Cicindela aurulenta) flew across my path and landed on a palm tree leaf.


No beetle was encountered until I came to a Common Acacia trees (Acacia auriculiformis) where this Chafer Beetle (Aprosterna pallide).


Next to the Aprosterna pallide Chafer Beetle was another Chafer Beetle (Maladera castanea). This is also the last beetle of the trip.


The trip was not as fruitful as expected, but the encounter of the Reticulated Python made the trip worth the while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment