Beetle@SG Website


Please check out my website Beetles@SG for identification of beetles found in Singapore http://davidmoh1313.wix.com/beetlesg

Friday 16 February 2024

Afternoon Walk At Windsor Nature Park (16 Feb 2024)

It has been raining for most part of the week but the weather for today was forecasted to rain as well. As I have redo my macro camera rig, so I was eager to test it in the field. Taking the chance, I decided to go to Windsor Nature Park to test out my new macro camera rig.

When I reached the place, the sky was overcast and the wind was blowing very strongly. It seemed like it is going to rain, nevertheless I pressed on and proceeded with the session. Here's a shot of a cluster of white mushroom found at the base of a rotten tree trunk.



Darkling Beetle ~ 4 mm


Net-winged Beetle ~ 10 mm



Fungus Beetle ~ 10 mm



Fungus Weevil (Acorynus frontalis) ~ 15 mm


Pintail Beetle ~ 3 mm





Pleasing Fungus Beetle (Triplatoma gestroi) ~ 25 mm





Darkling Beetle (Ceropria superba) ~ 10 mm

The wind suddenly picked up and the sky looked threatening, so I decided to end the trip early and head home. Although there were only a handful of beetles encountered, it was still a good trip as I was able to test out my new macro camera rig. 

No comments:

Post a Comment