Beetle@SG Website


Please check out my website Beetles@SG for identification of beetles found in Singapore http://davidmoh1313.wix.com/beetlesg

Friday 9 February 2024

Morning Walk At Windsor Nature Park (09 Feb 2024)

 The weather looks great so I decided to go to Windsor Nature Park to test out my modification of my macro setup. The issue of the loose hot shoe prompted me to mount my flashlight by the side. This makes manual focusing a challenge due to the weight imbalance and putting a strain on my right hand. Nevertheless, the setup works and I am able to get a much deeper depth-of-field because of the flashlight. 


Although the weather was dry when I set off, the place looked pretty wet and looked like it rained not too long before I arrived at the place. As expected, the number of beetles encountered on this trip was pathetic.




The first beetle was this 10 mm Net-winged Beetle lookalike that I am still not able to have an identity on. Do leave a comment if you know the identity of this beetle.





Net-winged Beetle ~ 10 mm



Leaf Beetle ~ 5 mm



Although the number of beetles encountered was pathetic due to the wet weather, the trip gave a good field test of my macro setup. Guessed that I will need to tweak my setup more.


No comments:

Post a Comment