Beetle@SG Website


Please check out my website Beetles@SG for identification of beetles found in Singapore http://davidmoh1313.wix.com/beetlesg

Saturday 24 February 2024

Night Walk At MacRitchie Reservoir Park (23 Feb 2024)

 The weather was pretty hot and dry for the past few days and I hesitated to go for my macro photography session, nevertheless the need to test out my new camera rig that I decided to give it a try at the MacRitchie Reservoir Park.

The rig is almost there but I am still having issues with inconsistent flash triggering, probably due to the damage camera hot shoe.



Darkling Beetle ~ 5 mm


Darkling Beetle ~ 3 mm


Chafer Beetle (Apogonia expeditionis) ~ 10 mm


Darkling Beetle ~ 3 mm


Darkling Beetle ~ 1 mm

The number of beetle encountered on this trip was miserably small but it is still a good trip as I was able to test out the new camera rig. Sadly, I will still need to settle the inconsistent flash triggering. Hopefully the issue can be resolved by the next macro photography session.

No comments:

Post a Comment